Sunday, January 16, 2011

NYX Single Eyeshadows: Blue and Purple

Back again with Part Two of my NYX Single Eyeshadow swatches. You can see the first post (my neutral swatches) here. I still have the links up to the old swatch posts on the side bar to the right; I'm not going to change all those until I've done all the new posts.

These are swatches of my purple and blue eyeshadows. I love blue eyeshadow - maybe because I can remember the 80s - but I hardly ever wear it. It's not really a very wearable colour for just banging around doing work and mum stuff, which is pretty much all I ever do. If I were the "going out" type, I'd be rocking blue shadows all the time. I should probably stop buying them, but they're soooo pretty. I do wear purples quite a bit - I tend to go for the more "toned down" purples rather than the cooler, super bright ones, so they're easier to work with.


Purple Eyeshadows
L-R: Ballerina (Frost), Prune (Frost), Beauty Queen (Frost/Shimmer), Red Bean Pie (Frost/Shimmer), Deep Purple (Metallic).

Indoors in natural light. 

Indoors with flash. 

I use Prune, Beauty Queen and Red Bean Pie quite a lot, though Red Bean Pie and Beauty Queen are very similar - one is slightly more glittery than the other. Ballerina - I'm not sure what I was thinking there. I could never pull off a pastel shade like that! Deep Purple is another of the crumbly ones, I have to be careful with it as it's broken off a bit and it goes everywhere.

Once again, the top row is swatched on bare skin, and the bottom row is swatched on NYX White Eye Base.

Outdoors in natural light.

Indoors in natural light. 

Indoors with flash. 

Blue Eyeshadows
L-R: Ocean Frost (Frost), Pacific (Frost), Casablanca (Metallic), Morocco (Frost/Shimmer), Frosted Ocean (Shimmer/Glitter).

Indoors in natural light. 


Inside with flash. 

There was some heated discussion between Noodle Arms and myself about whether Morocco should have been in with the purples or the blues. She insisted it was purple, I lean towards blue. Though admittedly, it can go either way, depending on the light and the base.


Outdoors in natural light. 

Indoors in natural light. 

Indoors with flash.

Part Three coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. I tell ya, if I could create a palette out of 90% of these colours I would be in heaven! You know me though, I wear bright in your face colours every day of the week, whether it be around the house, shopping, working, going out. Thats just me though, and can totally understand that people may find it a little offensive and not wearable but I dont care!! lol! I dont know if you saw my eyes yesterday, but I had two different blues and a purple on! Blues, purples and greens are definitely my faves!!!

    I think I agree with Noodles about that Morocco one though, its definitely an interesting colour to place. But I can see how it would be blue to...either way, I WANT IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shades!! Beauty Queen is calling my name - I feel a haul coming on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like Deep Purple, Morocco and Frosted Ocean! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swatches! Everyone should be swatching like this, showing the different lighting situations. Thanks for sharing Dee.

    ReplyDelete