I did a quick swatch post of my new NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams a couple of weeks ago, but I've since acquired two more and the services of Noodle Arms' lips, so I have a million and one more pictures. So many, in fact, that I'm going to have to break the posts up in to individual colours over the next few days (I still don't have a new computer cord, so I'm only able to use the computer here and there as well - annoying!).
The colours I have are Tokyo, Antwerp, Stockholm and Addis Ababa, and while the swatches on the NYX and Cherry Culture sites are not fantastic, I have to take back my sneering derision of them in the last post; they're not actually as ridiculously far off the true colour as NYX swatches usually are (with the exception of Tokyo), as you can see here:
L-R: Tokyo, Antwerp, Stockholm, Addis Ababa
Taken outdoors in natural light
Taken indoors with flash
As I mentioned in the original post, this product is pretty much a dupe of the Bourjois So Delicate Lip Creams. You apply them with a sponge applicator like a gloss, and then they dry on your lips in a few minutes. The scent is slightly vanilla-ish, and doesn't last once applied to the lips. There's not really any taste that I could detect.
- the colours are opaque
- they last really well once they dry, and fade down to a nice stain that stays on the lips for ages
- they're pretty cheap - only $6US each
- you need a lip liner to apply them properly - they're not like lip glosses where you can just do a quck swipe; they require precision or they look weird (you'll see what I mean when I post the swatches of Noodles' lips)
- they are a little bit drying, and you really need to have applied a lip balm sometime before using them
- I get the feeling they will dry up quite quickly in the containers - the texture of the two I bought a few weeks ago is already slightly thicker and clumpier
My overall thought is that these are kind of a fun gimmick and not much else. I can't see too many people falling madly in love with them. However, they're cheap enough to get one to play with and see what you think of them.
I'll post the proper lip swatches over the next couple of days, but in the mean time if you have any questions about them, feel free to ask!