Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NYX Single Eyeshadows: Greens and Peaches

This is the last of my NYX Single eyeshadow swatches - I'm going to do the lip products on the weekend - lots of round lipsticks and lip pencils!

Oddly enough, as much as I love green eyeshadows, I don't really love any of these. They're nice, but nothing WOW. The peach/red ones have a few that I use quite frequently - they're easy colours for an all-over swipe on work days when I don't have time to mess about.

You can see the neutrals here, the blues and purples here, and the pinks here.


Green Eyeshadows
L-R: Luster (Metallic), Herb (Metallic), Green Tea (Frost), Marrakesh (Shimmer), Hunter Green (Metallic)

Indoors in natural light. 

Indoors with flash. 

The top row is swatched on bare skin, the bottom row is over NYX White Eye Base.

Outdoors in natural light. 

Indoors in natural light. 

Indoors with flash.

Peach/Red Eyeshadows
L-R: Salmon (Metallic), Shimmer (Metallic), Peach (Shimmer), Fahrenheit (Frost/Shimmer), Jazzy Bronze (Metallic)

Indoors in natural light. 


Indoors with flash. 


Outdoors in natural light. 

Indoors in natural light. 

Indoors with flash.

7 comments:

  1. You know, you've got me wondering why I bother with MAC anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found you through Jen's (@My Funny Valentine) blog

    I love Salmon and Shimmer! But I'm on a spending ban :( So you're the closest I get to NYX Single Eyeshadows (for now!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, these are really great eyeshadows for the price. Definitely worth trying! :-)

    Hi Emily! I'm on a spending ban too, you can probably see why judging by how many NYX eyeshadows I have, and - uh - how many of them seem kind of similar in shade. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dee!

    I love, love, love NYX Single Eyeshadows. I stock up every time there's a sale. :P

    And definitely: they're great eyeshadows especially for the price.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Dee, you are the NYX queen. I bow down to your superior NYX-ness. This series must have taken you ages! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dee,

    Thanks for taking all those swatches. Herb and Hunter Green are my two favourite eye shadows from NYX's greens.

    And while I rarely go for peach eye shadows, your swatches made me reconsider. They look very pretty and have a little shimmer to make them interesting.
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Hunter Green looks amazing!! :D x

    ReplyDelete