Saturday, January 29, 2011

NYX Eye Pencils: Swatches

Jumbo Eye Pencils from L-R: Milk, Pots & Pans, Yogurt, French Fries, Slate

Everyone raves about the Jumbo Eye Pencils, but I've never really come around to them. They do crease quite a bit, and to use them as an effective base you have to apply them really thinly, which sort of defeats the purpose. I use mine occasionally, but I don't really love them. 

Slim Eye Pencils from L-R: Moss, Emerald City, Sapphire

I love the colours of these, but they're a bit too hard to be really effective. If they were just a bit softer, I'd love them.

9 comments:

  1. I agree completely with your thoughts on the NYX Jumbo Pencils. They crease so easily :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i only have black beans. it creases crazy on me no matter how thin i applied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Milk and it works great to make some colours show up better. However, I melted it into a jar and it's much drier than before now. Wonder if I should have left it in the pencil =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colour Yogurt but I wouldn't use them, I think worried about the crease factor which you just confirmed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I don't care about my makeup being a messy grungey mess then my nyx pencils are great haha, but not good if I want to look polished, tidy and crease free :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do find them to crease without a base. When I use UDPP, then NYX JEP, then a shadow, they seem to work fine for me. I can't live without Milk, I need it to amp up my pastels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only use Cottage Cheese to intensify my shadows, it's kind of a pearly white. I had Milk and Black Bean but they were so thick and greasy I just threw them away. Cottage Cheese has a much better texture, so it's actually usable for me. I have Iced Mocha but I've never used it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dislike the Jumbo Pencils too, for the exact reasons you said. They're a bit too greasy for me, even with a primer underneath. I do have the Sapphire pencil and I love that one, but it is a bit hard. I love the color of it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I'm not the only one who isn't completely enamoured by the Cult Of The Jumbo Pencil. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete