Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Squee!

I have had a CRAPTACULAR week at work, and today was particularly heinous (office politics, way too boring to go into). I came home early all crabby and grouchy and ready to get online and rant for about 46 paragraphs in my livejournal about why I was so crabby and grouchy (and bore everyone to death in the process), but then I opened three packages that I received and was positively giddy with excitement.

Firstly, I received a decant from The Perfumed Court of one of my current favourite fragrances, Serendipitous. I have every intention of buying a full size bottle of this very soon, but I have a few bills to get out of the way first. I keep meaning to review it too - must get onto that.

Secondly, I received a package from my friend Jodi, who recently dipped a toe into the murky waters of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, and sent me a few that she wasn't keen on, plus a couple of other perfume samples. In exchange I have sent her a bunch of Wiggles that I either didn't like or loved so much I bought full sizes. This is going to become an out of control addiction for both of us, I can tell.



But she also sent me some other goodies - a lipstick, some eyeshadows that made her eyes itchy (she has allergies, I don't - SCORE), and some chocolate. Mmmm... chocolate...  And a book!

I am very excited about this because I had no idea this book existed, and I LOVE Andy Prieboy. Jodi and I saw him play live a couple of times back in Ye Olden Dayes when we were young and slim and unencumbered with rugrats hadn't discovered the joys of parenting. I cannot wait to read this!


The third one was the most exciting thing ever - the BPAL stuff that The Photographer ordered for me for Christmas. My order was four 5 ml bottles and 6 Imps, and they also sent me 9 free Imps. NINE. I have sensory overload! I sniffed as many as a could until I got a headache, and then eventually I had to stop and have a shower because I'd dabbed half a dozen on myself and it was making me go all stupid. I will just have to slow down and try them out one at a time over the next couple of weeks. OMG I CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment