Sunday, August 8, 2010

Review: Burt's Bees Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash

I usually buy creamy body washes, because I am too lazy to moisturise my entire body and the cream washes do half the job for me. However, I received a bottle of Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash from Beauty Heaven, so I've been using that for the last few weeks.

It's EXTREMELY minty - almost blindingly so at 6am. This is one of those body washes that would be called "bracing" or "invigorating" or "GOOD MORNING HOW ARE YOU TODAY PLEASE STOP CRYING". If you need something to help you wake up in the mornings, this is the product for you. You only need a small amount to get a good lot of lather going, so it lasts quite a while. And even though it's a wash rather than a cream, it's not drying at all. Despite the strength of the scent, it fades very quickly once you're out of the shower, so there's no issue with it clashing with perfume or anything. One thing to be aware of is that if you use too much it can sting a little around your - uh - lady parts. Like I said, it's quite bracing!

So, would I buy it? Probably not. It's a nice product, but I'm not a big fan of minty smells generally. If you are, however, I'd recommend it. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it is great for summer. I would definitely not want to wake up with a minty splash in winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice product except for the mint-y part...I only do mint in my toothpaste or when there's chocolate involved ;)

    ReplyDelete