Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wet'n'Wild Mega Last Lipstick


I'm a fan of the Wet'n'Wild eyeshadows and I decided to branch out a while back and test some of their other products. I bought two of these Mega Last lipsticks from Nonpareil Boutique - 902C Bare It All and 904B Rose Bud. Bare It All was horrible on me - it was one of those nudes that just washed me out immediately. I gave it to Jacquie, as it was much more her kind of colour. So the pictures here are only Rose Bud.



First of all, the annoying things:
  • the packaging is pants - cheap and flimsy and the lipstick doesn't go all the way back inside the case so you have to be careful not to knock it when you put the lid back on
  • the colour names are not on the packaging, just the numbers 
  • they're matte, so they can be quite drying, though I find they're okay if you use a lip balm first
  • the swatches on Nonpareil are nothing like the actual colours, Google for swatches if purchasing
And the good things:
  • good pigmentation and decent staying power
  • a good range of colours
  • cheap as chips ($3US on Nonpareil)
Rose Bud is on the left, the right is Prescriptives Azalea - I just thought they looked alike in the tubes so I swatched both to see how close they were.

This is applied quite sheerly, but you can build up the colour.

Overall, I like this lipstick and I would buy more. MORE MORE MORE!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Wet n Wild yet since I'm not in the US but I would love to try these lippies, this one looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those cheap lippies on Nonpareil are so tempting... This one looks lovely on you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ki, we don't have it here in Australia either (boo!) - I've bought all mine online.

    Michelle, have you tried the WnW eyeshadows? That's what they're known for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shade, but I don't like the texture of these, it's too dry or at least mine is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VM, it is quite drying - I can see why it would be too much for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty =3
    I think that after checking more swatches online, I see some difference between orgasm and Pearlescent Pink. I think PP is slightly more rose toned than pink.

    ReplyDelete