Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's hot and I'm cranky.

Can I just have a little rant here about the ridiculous prices we Aussie chicks have to pay for cosmetics? I know we are a small market compared to the US and UK, but it's getting beyond a joke.

For example, the much-loved Mac 187 Duo Fibre brush costs $US42 ($46AUD) in America. In Britain it costs £29GBP ($52AUD). You know what it costs here? $85AUD! Someone somewhere is lining their pockets with all that extra money.

Revlon Colorstay Makeup costs $US12.99 ($14AUD) in America. If we want to buy it here, we have to cough up $38AUD. More than twice the price!

It's no wonder so many people shop online these days. I'm all for supporting Australian shops, but not when they're completely gouging me.

EDIT: Ooh, and even more infuriating - it works the same for Australian cosmetics. I can buy a Bloom Lip Definer on Cherry Culture's website for $US15 ($16.40AUD), but to buy the same thing from Adore would set me back $24AUD. That just sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment