Sunday, March 21, 2010

Accidental purchase at Priceline.


 
I was in Priceline yesterday buying necessary sundries such as cotton pads, makeup wipes, and so on, and unfortunately I happened to walk past the display of the new Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick. I'm not generally a fan of Maybelline - it's just one of those "eh" brands that is super cheap in the US and way overpriced here in Australia. However, I've heard raves about these new lipsticks, so I had to see what the fuss was about. I swatched a few of the pinks and really liked all of them. The one I really wanted is Born With It, but they were out of stock, so I went with Pink Me Up.

It was a bit naughty of me - I'm not supposed to be buying anything unnecessary while I'm doing Project 10 Pan (of sorts), and I certainly don't need yet another pink lipstick. I have no excuse - I just wanted it. And it is lovely - beautiful texture, smells and tastes really nice, gorgeous colour. I'm very pleased with it, so that's some consolation.

3 comments:

  1. I usually walk into Priceline and then out again 30 minutes later and $100 poorer, lol. But then somehow all I've managed to buy is stuff like listerine and cotton buds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really try to avoid going in there much - it's too much temptation. Luckily it's a shop I have to go a bit out of my way to get to. If I had one right near work or home I'd be bankrupt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Priceline. I love that place. I love it that you get a cheque to spend more money with their loyalty card. Not a stupid gift but actual $$ to spend on your next purchase.
    I guess it's designed to make you buy more - and I do!

    ReplyDelete