Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Project 10 Pan (of sorts) confession.

I have to admit that since I've started doing Project 10 Pan (of sorts), I've cheated a number of times. I am a Cheaty McCheater, and I am now confessing publicly and intending to make amends. Since I started P10P (os), I have purchased the following items:

* 51  (two orders) eyeshadow samples from Aromaleigh
* Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick
* L'oreal Lash Serum
* 4 perfume samples from Haus of Gloi
* 11 perfume samples from  Poison Apple Potions
* 2 eye brush sets from Sigma Makeup (one for Noodles)
* 7 Limited Edition perfumes from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
* 39 eyeshadow pigments from  The She Space

The only legitimate, previously planned purchases from that list are the BPAL perfumes and the Sigma brushes. Everything else was just impulse buying, and completely unnecessary. I justified it all to myself with excuses like, "Samples don't count", and The She Space is going out of business and selling off their stock really cheap, so I bought up big there even though the last thing I need is more eyeshadow.

Therefore, I am going to start again from today. I am not going to count the empties I have already used, and I am going to have the following categories:

*10 full size skincare items
*10 trial/sample size skincare items
*10 makeup items

This is basically a challenge to myself to not buy any unnecessary products for the rest of the year, because there is no way I will go through all of that (particularly makeup, which I never use up) in that time. I have two exceptions:

*If I run out of something I only have one of and use all the time (ie: foundation, toner) I can buy more of that product.
*I can get Steggers to get me Urban Decay and cheap MAC when she goes to the US in November.

So here we go, starting again.

EDIT: I am taking a leaf out of The Belle Lumiere's book and leaving my P10P list at side of this blog, so you can see how I'm doing. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done hon. Confession is good for the soul and I'll keep going with my P10P too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went shopping today and did not buy any makeup at all!

    ReplyDelete