Sunday, October 18, 2009

Welcome to Peggy's Travelling Circus Of Death

I'm a bit of a clean freak. I've completely given up on my house - we live in an old house in the city, and no matter how often I dust and polish, every flat surface is covered in a thin layer of grime within a couple of days. I've learned to live with it.

With myself, however, I'm super clean. Someone who lives with me thinks I am a freak, because I insist on people washing their hands - with soap! - before touching food. Whacky, I know! When it comes to make up, I am constantly washing my hands after touching one thing and before sticking my fingers in another. I have the cleanest make up around, I can guarantee it. I also clean all of my brushes without fail every week.

It is for this reason that my flirtation with minerals didn't last long. I couldn't stand the mess of all that loose powder. And yes, I know that you can press loose powders yourself, but I am really, really lazy. Really. Lazy. If that chair with an inbuilt toilet that Homer Simpson invented ("Women will like what I tell them to like!") was real, I'd never even get off the couch. There's no way in hell I am ever going to sit there making pressed eyeshadow.

Having said that, I'd still like to give a plug to Everyday Minerals, even though I just gave all of mine away. I was on their website today buying a dome blending eye brush, and even though I had no intentions of buying any, I couldn't resist having a look at the eyeshadows and checking out what's new. So much pretty!

You used to be able to get a free sample pack that you could choose yourself, but sadly they no longer have this (boo!). However, they do have sample kits already put together according to skin colouring, and if you order anything else, you get the sample kit free* (it's $5USD otherwise). The individual eyeshadow sample pots (my favourite) cost $2.50USD and last AGES. With the current exchange rate, that's about $2.70AUD! Postage to Australia works out to about $8.50AUD.

Be warned though - it's highly addictive. If you do decide to get yourself a couple of things to play with (and I highly recommend that you do), you may find yourself going back on the site day after day ordering one thing after another.  I have sucked quite a few people into the world of Everyday Minerals, and their collections just keep growing and growing. I don't feel guilty, though. They are adults. They knew what they were getting into.

*Correction: I'm told by reliable sources that the sample kit is actually $0.01USD with a purchase of something else, not free. Still... pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment