Sunday, February 14, 2010

More rambling.



Last night Noodle Arms shyly told me that she has started to "become interested in beauty". Awww. She's so pretty that she doesn't need any help in that arena anyway, but I have to admit, it was a bit of a "Squee!" moment for me, because I do love to mess about with and talk about and shop for makeup, skincare and perfume, and she has never shown the slightest interest up to now.

Today we had a bit of a mess around with some very neutral eyeshadows, a smidge of a subtle mascara, and a bit of lip gloss. I also gave her my new Garden Bath Chocolate Passion roll-on perfume, which - let's face it - I'm too old for. I just love the smell, and I'm happy enough to smell it on her. It's very foodie and doesn't have a lot of sillage. Most of my other perfumes are much too strong for her, but this one is perfect for someone young.  

Her birthday is coming up next month, so in addition to her usual presents, I think I'll get her a little starter kit of her own. A nice beauty case, some brushes, a couple of neutral eyeshadows, a couple of lip glosses. I don't think she needs to bother with any kind of base, and even a tinted moisturiser would probably clog her pores anyway.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? She's only turning 12, so the main priority is subtlety. I don't think it's appropriate for her to be wandering around with shimmery forest green eyes and fuschia lips smelling like 6 am in a desert bordello.

No comments:

Post a Comment