Sunday, February 7, 2010

Perfume oil database - genius!

I love organisation, but I hate spreadsheets. I can't work with them, I can't read them properly, and I can't stand looking at their general ugliness. So you can imagine my excitement when I came across ScentBase last night - a perfume oil database that lets you create your own (free) account and make your lists. Fabulous!

I've just spent all morning making a list of all the perfume oils I have, and I'm about to start trawling through and creating a wishlist. It's going to be super hot today and Noodle Arms is going to the pool, so I have nothing else to do.

Aside from that, I was thinking about trying to do some organised theme for testing all of my samples and decants (similar to the makeup themes I talked about in the last post). This site makes it a million times easier, because I can write notes on each one, give them a star rating and so on.

For the next couple of weeks I am going to finish testing my Wiggle scents. Then I will work my way through all of miscellaneous commercial fragrances, since I have a lot of those at the moment. After that I will be back to my BPALs. A lot of the BPAL perfumes are quite heavy and complex, and more suited to cooler weather (in my opinion) than the stinking hotness of an Adelaide Summer. Hopefully by the time I've trekked through the Wiggles and the commercials, it will have cooled down a bit.

Anyway, if you're a bit of a perfume oil junkie (yes, Jodi - I AM LOOKING AT YOU), get an account at ScentBase (it's free!), make your list, and then add me as a friend so I don't look like a sad loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment