Saturday, February 27, 2010

YSL Cleansing Satiny Oil vs Chanel Silky Cleansing Oil



I've been double-cleansing at night for a few months now and it works a treat. I take my makeup off first with an oil cleanser, and then follow up with a cream cleanser - currently my beloved Clarins Cleansing Milk. The first oil I tried was Chanel Precision Huile Confort Silky Cleansing Oil, which cost me about $45 on Strawberrynet. I loved it immediately, and since I started using it my skin has felt much softer and fresher. It cleaned off all of my makeup, including eye makeup, with no irritation at all.

However, you know me - never satisfied and always looking for something newer and shinier, so I decided to try another oil before I settled on the Chanel one as a regular. I bought some YSL Pureness Cleansing Satiny Oil, also from Strawberrynet and around the same price (though the YSL one is 200 ml and the Chanel one is 150 ml). I've been using this for a little over a week, since I finished my Chanel one, and so far I'm not all that impressed. It doesn't do as good a job of getting my eye makeup off, and it is very slightly irritating on the eyes. I have found that even after using the cream cleanser as well, I still get a bit of makeup coming off on the cotton pad I'm wiping toner with afterwards. My skin also doesn't feel as soft and fresh with the YSL Oil.

I don't hate it or anything, and I'll definitely finish using it, but after that, I will be going back to the Chanel oil and sticking with it. There's no contest for me - Chanel all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment