Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Swatches: Sassy Minerals

Good old Noodles - even with a bad cold she's a trooper. She offered to swatch some Sassy Minerals eyeshadows I received yesterday - I think she's just bored after being cooped up in the house sick for days. Poor thing.

I swatched a handful of Sassy eyeshadows the other day, given to me by chloeblue2005. Even though I liked them (I wore Salt & Sand both yesterday and today - it's lovely), I wasn't intending to buy any. The last thing in the world I need is more eyeshadow. On the other hand, I have bought hardly anything for months, and given the price and the strength of the Aussie dollar at the moment, I decided on a small splurge just for the hell of it. I bought 13 samples (and received two freebies) - with postage it was about $17AUD. Bargain.They took about two weeks to arrive - maybe not even that long - and they come in jars sealed in plastic. Take that, TSS!


sassy1

Opening Night and Trust Me were the free ones I received - to be honest I would never have bought either of them myself, though I don't mind Opening Night. I really like the other three, though Lyrical is very similar in my mind to The She Space's False Pretence or Next Stop Oz. I'll have to do a side by side comparison. And although I have 673 million green eyeshadows, I don't think I have anything quite like Bewitching, so I'm pretty happy with that.

sassy2

I'm fairly sure I have other colours similar to all of these - with the exception of Perfectionist, they're all colours I pretty much gravitate towards over and over.

sassy3 

I'm not sure about these ones - some of them look a bit dirty on the skin and might be too much of a pain in the butt to work with. I do like Neverending quite a lot. 

The full size of these is $4.25USD, the samples are $0.75USD. They have a good range of colours and they also have foundations, blushes, lip balms and so on. If I were in the market to buy more eyeshadows I'd definitely buy full sizes of a few of these.

1 comment:

  1. The best part is if you buy 3 full sizes in one purchase they take 15% off the price. For foundation I think you only have to purchase 2.

    ReplyDelete